The Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop 2012 was a great success but is now over.
View information on CIASW 2013 here!
The Central Indiana Section of the Audio Engineering Society is pleased to be hosting the first ever Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop – March 10, 2012 on the campus of Ball State University in the Music Media Production and Industry studios.
The Workshop aims to provide audio students of all ages and working professionals within the state the opportunity to meet, hang out, and improve their skills. We’ll be featuring some of the best in the business, presenting on topics in recording, mixing, live sound, and acoustics. This is truly a can’t miss opportunity!
If you’re an audio student of any age, enjoy free events, and want to win some amazing prizes (like SSL plugins, JBL Monitors, Auralex studio foam, custom Sensaphonics earplugs, Focal Press Books, and even Sweetwater Gift Cards) then be sure to register now! We look forward to seeing you on March 10th!
We hope you will attend the Workshop and we hope you will spread the word to everyone you know in the audio community, be they students, educators, industry professionals, and AES members and non-members alike.
Need Information Fast?
Cost & Registration • Schedule • Spread the Word
Location & Parking • Lodging & Travel • Contact Us
Thanks to the generous contributions of our Title Sponsor Solid State Logic, as well as our other sponsors, we’re pleased to announce the Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop will be held FREE of charge! We’re providing this incredible event COMPLETELY FREE of charge to give all students equal access to some amazing audio instruction.
Is this event limited to only college-level audio students? Absolutely not! This event is open to anyone interested in audio, including local professionals and high school students. However, space is limited, so register now and don’t miss out!
All students should know that they are entered in our fabulous prize drawing upon registering (pre-registration required for drawing participation). Also, any students who wish to participate in our recording critique should remember to bring a CD or MP3 of their recordings.
The schedule for the Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop is now available, and we’re excited to announce that Pat Brown will be serving as keynote speaker! Please note that changes are possible as the event approaches, so check back often.
There are any number of things you can do!
- Announce this event to your classes, student sections, and co-workers. Pass it along to other members of your AES chapter. Download the event poster (pdf) and post it at your school or place of business.
- Be sure to talk the event up on social networks! The official Twitter hashtag is #CIASW2012 – see what people are saying! There’s also an official Facebook event which we’d love for you to share.
- The Music Media Production and Industry studios are located at the intersection of Riverside Ave and McKinley Ave. Google Maps directions are available here.
- Parking is available in the McKinley Avenue Parking Garage (R7) on Saturday for free.
- Driving Directions – Getting to Ball State University
- Muncie, Indiana Visitors Guide (pdf)
- List of Area Lodging
- Map of Area Lodging (pdf)
- List & Map of Area Restaurants (pdf)
- Free WiFi Access for Campus Guests (SSID: bsuguest)
- Ball State University
- Butler University
- Indiana University
- Indiana University – Purdue University at Indianapolis
- Purdue University
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
Central Indiana AES Mailboxes
Kyle P. Snyder
Central Indiana Section Chair
Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop Host
Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop Assistant Host